Welcome to the VIAS website
The objective of VIAS is to advise in the field of surfacetreatment of metals. It is the VIAS mission that regular corrosion problems occur, caused by the failure of surface treatment, due to insufficiant knowledge of a subject wich is often underestimatet in terms of complexity. Of course it is not only failing surface treatment that isthe cause of corrosion. Also the formulation of the alloy in case of filiform corrosion (FFC) on aluminium, sloppy composite constructions and construction errors are an equally important cause of corrosion. At the end, protection against corrosion starts at the drawing table and not in the surface treatment workshop.
The fascination of surface treatment is the creation of a sustaineble connection between two materials, substrate and organic coating, wich repel each other in pricipal. Of course the need of an appropriate pretreatment is evident.
The following items are areas where VIAS add value:
- Pretreatment and coating of aluminium
- Pretreatment and coating of steel/galvanized steel
- Deviation between inside and outside application
- Advice in the field of pretreatment and coating installations, technical as well as economical
- Prevention against corrosion
- Medeation in case of corrosion problems, in particular FFC on aluminium
- Running (ad interim) management
- Knoledge transfer (e.g. together with Aluminium Centrum, Nieuwegein NL)
VIAS’ expertise is based on many years of experince in the field of creation of paint formulations, reseach in the field of FFC on laboratory scale as well as outide exposition and performing surface treatment. VIAS has extensive knowledge in the field of modern pretreatment and coating systems on metal as well as prevention against corrosion. In addition, there is a lot of knowledge in the field of recovery of corrosion problems.
Target groups are:
- Users of coated metal products, mostly architecture and automotive
- Producers of coated metal products like facades industrie and automotive
- Companies in need of expansion of knowledge in the field of surface treatment and corrosion protection
- Production companies who are considering to invest in surface treatment
- Companies having corrosion problems on their own products
List of references: